All of the updates and changes will be recorded in the changelog. Because the Webphone is a web application, updates are directly available in your browser and can be applied by clicking the update button. This way you always have the newest features available to use.
- When a colleague calls your internal user number directly, it will now show the name of their VoIP account correctly in the Recents page. It used to show your own user number and you couldn’t see who called you.
- Do Not Disturb status of other Webphone accounts on the Colleagues page. When a colleague has turned on Do Not Disturb, the status of their account shows an orange crossed-through bell icon. This resembles the Do Not Disturb user status at the top of the page.
- The ‘Welcome to the Webphone’ process when you log in for the first time works correctly again. It helps you to select the right audio devices, check if everything is working properly, and give permission to use your microphone and show notifications for incoming calls.
- The color of the BLF status (Busy Lamp Field) on the Colleagues page has been adjusted to be the same as on a desk phone. Color of the Ringing and Busy statuses has changed from orange to red. The user status for Do Not Disturb has changed from red to orange.
- On the Colleagues page, you’ll no longer be scrolled back to the top of the page automatically when the list is updated.
- It’s no longer possible to set up a call on the Recents page when you have not given permission to use your microphone. This is to prevent you from setting up calls where you’re not able to talk with the person you’re calling.
- It’s possible to use the copy phone number button on the Recent page when you have not given the Webphone permission to use your microphone.
- Ringing status is back! You can find it on the Colleagues page. An animation of a ringing bell is shown when receiving or setting up a phone call. When the call is answered, the ringing bell changes into a telephone icon to represent the Busy status. When the call is declined, it changes into the previous Available status, which can be recognized as a small green Vialer icon.
- The color of the Keypad button had an orange color instead of using the Webphone color when hovering over it with your mouse cursor.
- The Webphone now only shows one notification instead of several when the audio quality of the call is lower than normal. This is likely due to a bad internet connection.
- The updating of the presence indicator of contacts has been improved.
*31*to a phone number to call anonymously and other similar network instructions again.
- Notifications are no longer shown on the ‘Welcome to the Webphone’ and ‘You’re logged out’ pages.
- You’ll hear a ‘number unobtainable’ tone when a phone number you’re trying to call is incomplete or does not exist, instead of a ‘number unavailable’ tone. To make this even more clear, a message has been added to the ongoing call on the Ongoing calls page.
- VoIP accounts used in the Android or iOS app, better known as app accounts, were always shown with an Online status. Because the Webphone is unable to check whether an app account is online before calling it, the status of app accounts will now show a smartphone icon instead.
- ‘Do Not Disturb’ option is now accessible and usable for all users who use screenreader software.
- ‘Do Not Disturb’ can now be enabled and disabled by using your keyboard. Focus it with the Tab key and press the Space key to enable and disable it.
- Remote logging ID is assigned once and stays the same for your user account. This makes it easier for the developers to investigate issues and errors.
- When you type a phone number and add one or multiple spaces, the call would fail and prevent you from making any new calls. To prevent this, the Webphone will now automatically remove all entered spaces after you’ve pressed the Call button.
- The styling and lay-out of calls on the Ongoing calls page has improved a lot when using the Webphone in a smaller window size. Especially the Transfer view makes the best use of the available space.
- The toggle switch and text of the DND status is now properly aligned in all browsers.
- If the Webphone is inactive for more than 8 hours, it will automatically refresh. This is to prevent possible issues where you’re not able to answer incoming calls.
- Changing your audio devices while receiving an incoming call, would cause the Webphone to crash and prevent you from answering the call.
- All visible contacts no longer disappear from the Dialer page when you unfavorite all of them.
- The phone number or name of the original caller is visible again after transferring.
- The Webphone version (also known as user agent) is now correctly shown in the telephone platform.
- ‘Setting saved’ message when adjusting something on the Settings page. While cleaning up the code, we introduced a smooth animation and shortened the message to ‘Saved’.
- On Windows, notifications of incoming calls would stay visible on your screen even when the call was no longer ringing. Notifications will now be closed when a call has ended.
- On the Recents page, your own outgoing number would be visible in the list of recent calls when an outgoing call was missed or declined. Now, the phone number or name of the person you tried to call will be shown.
- When starting up the Webphone, you’ll no longer see ‘Not connected’ or ‘No Webphone account selected’ screens when your connection works correctly.
- It’s now less likely that you will be able to select a Webphone account that is already in use. In the rare occassion that you do select a Webphone account that’s used by someone else, a message will be shown to please try again.
- A checkbox to not show the message again was added to the ‘Microphone permission denied’ and ‘No Webphone account chosen’ messages. After checking this checkbox and dismissing a message, it will change accordingly on the Settings page and no longer show the message in the future.
- Name or number that was displayed for a missed call on the Recents page. It would show the designated destination of the missed call, rather than the name or number of the person that was calling. It shows the name or number of the person that was missed from now on.
- Scrolling through colleagues in either the Dialer or Transfer view with arrow keys. It was reversed: when pressing left arrow key, the focus of the Webphone would jump to the right instead of to the left.
- Calling the first search result instead of the last one when pressing the Enter key. When multiple search results were shown in the Dialer, the Webphone would call the last result when pressing the Enter key instead of the expected first result.
- The user status at the top was improved. It now features an easy way to toggle Do Not Disturb to on or off by using the DND switch inside the status. The colors were also changed to have a better look and improved contrast.
- Amount of recent calls on the Recents page was increased from 20 to 50 results.
- The sorting of calls on the Ongoing calls page. The newest call will always show on top of the page. Previously, it would show at the bottom of the list. It’s now in line with the Recents page: the most recently answered or set up call is always shown at the top.
- After an incoming or outgoing has ended, you’ll no longer stay on the Ongoing page. Once the hang up tone ends, you’ll be redirected automatically to the last page you were visiting.
- The responsiveness of the Transfer view. When you want to transfer a call, the input field will move to a second row below the call buttons. This is especially helpful when using the Webphone in a smaller browser window.
- A status icon to every VoIP account on the Colleagues page. The status icon resembles a BLF (Busy Lamp Field); it shows whether the VoIP account is online (green), offline (grey), or busy (orange). This is in line with the improved user status.
- Mini-avatars and the ‘offline’ + ‘busy’ statuses on the Colleagues page. They have been replaced by the aferomentioned status icons.
- While optimizing the Dark Mode, the default color of the icons in the menu was accidentally changed. They are colored the same as the Webphone again.
- The Webphone would memorize only one preferred audio device that you selected to use as microphone and/or headset. From now on, it memorizes up to ten different audio devices. Once you connect one of your previously selected devices to your computer, the Webphone will choose it automatically. As most people use up to three different audio devices, a list of ten preferred devices is probably sufficient.
- Being connected to the internet by using WiFi and ethernet simultaneously, caused an issue once you put your computer into sleep mode or closed the lid of your laptop. Once taken out of sleep mode, the Webphone seemed to be connected perfectly fine but in reality you wouldn’t receive any incoming calls.
- If you’ve installed the Webphone as a Progressive Web App, the address bar will use the main color of the Webphone instead of the default color.
- List of recent phone calls on the Recents page appeared to be empty and didn’t load any calls after the 28th of February.
- Logged in users who see ‘undefined undefined’ as their name should see their own name again, no need to logout and log back in.
- All new users are correctly redirected to the welcome to the Webphone section again.
- In some cases, your name would be shown as ‘undefined undefined’ in the top-left. It shows the first and last name correctly again. If not, logging out and logging in again resolves this issue.
- Changed color of all available buttons for both normal and dark mode. We did this to improve visibility and make it more clear which actions are possible.
- All buttons will remain visible when a call is put on hold or in transfer. Actions that are not available, are less visible and have a gray color.
- In dark mode, it’s now more clear in the menu which page is active.
- Transfer window is now full width instead of a smaller centered element.
- A ‘don’t show again’ checkbox to the notification that’s shown when your browser is not supported.
- An option to the Settings page to turn the ‘Unsupported browser’ notification on or off. The aforementioned checkbox turns this notification off.
- When forced to change the password, it’s now possible to change it directly in the Webphone. Because of this, it’s no longer necessary to do this in the VoIP platform. It’s mostly users who log in for the very first time that benefit from this, as it decreases the amount of steps to take before they can start using the Webphone.
- The ‘Accidental closing pop-up’ option has been moved from the General section to the Notifications section on the Settings page.
- The version number of the Webphone is removed from the top-right. This improves the visibility of the status when using the Webphone in a smaller window size. The version number can still be found on the Send feedback page.
- A direct link to the mentioned Settings or Dialer page in the notifications ‘Not reachable in the Webphone’ and ‘Incorrect firewall settings’.
- A button to the password field in the form of an eye-icon to easily display and hide the entered password.
- The click to dial functionality of the browser plugin no longer worked when you set your Webphone status to ‘Do Not Disturb’.
- We made the first preparations to automatically test all functionalities in the Webphone. This makes it a lot to easier support and develop the Webphone, as it saves time and reduces the risk of functionalities not working anymore after an update.
- The Webphone will now load correctly in the Safari browser and logging in is possible. Because Safari is not a supported browser, it will show a message which recommends to use Google Chrome or the new Microsoft Edge browser instead.
- Some spelling errors and unnecessary text have been removed.
- The Webphone will show a notification again when no Webphone account was chosen.
- The call button on the Queues page is now correctly hidden when it’s not possible to set up a phone call, i.e. when no Webphone account was chosen.
- VoIP accounts of Colleagues will now correctly show as offline after unregistering, i.e. logging out of an active Webphone account.
- The sound test button will no longer move below the Headset and Microphone dropdown menus.
- When an audio device is (dis)connected, it will show whether it’s a specific headset or a microphone. Previously this was a general ‘audio devices (re)connected’ notification.
- The status of your Webphone account (avatar in the top-left) and the connectivity status with the Webphone (status in the top-right) have been combined into one general status. The new combined status is now visible to the right of your name and email address. The status remains clickable to quickly set your Webphone account to Do Not Disturb.
- The ‘on hold’ label now appears correctly when an active call is set to hold and the call status changes to orange.
- When starting a number with ‘+’ colleagues would still be matched, e.g. ‘+321’ matched to the colleague with the internal number ‘321’.
- In Firefox, no ringtone or notification of an incoming call was played when active in a different tab or window. This has been resolved.
- The sound check buttons in the audio settings are disabled when the sound is playing. The buttons are enabled again once the sound ends.
- The last selected transfer method (‘Warm/Attended’ or ‘Cold/Blind’) is now being memorized.
- Language selector in the welcome to the Webphone section is now aligned correctly in the top right.
- Added autoplay for the Google Chrome browser to make sure the ringtone works when the Webphone is active in a different tab or window. Previously the ringtone wouldn’t play if you opened a new tab or window without being active in the Webphone first.
- The link to the Support page now links to a brand new external support page (only applies to the Vialer version of the Webphone).
- Added a screen on the Dialer page when the Webphone detects that something in the network is faulty, i.e. incorrect firewall settings.
- A separate section on the Settings page for notification settings (more settings will be added in the future).
- Added a button to each recent call that copies the phone number of that call.
- Open toast messages are now properly closed when logging out.
- DTMF tones could be entered before a call was accepted.
- Toast messages remain visible when hovered with the cursor.
- Styling for some components.
- A toast message is shown when a transfer has been completed.
- Sounds were not switched to newly selected audio devices while playing.
- ‘Unknown’ is replaced with the phone number for recent calls on the Recents page.
- Dark mode theme is now available to everyone at all times on the Settings page.
- The pressed DTMF tones are now shown on the keypad interface during an ongoing call.
- The Webphone will display when microphone permission is blocked to prevent confusion as to why calls cannot be received or made.
- The Webphone will display when a VoIP account is not set by the user
- A little checkmark when a setting is changed.
- The BLF (whether someone is busy or available) status of colleagues was not being updated after using the Webphone for a while.
- Changelog not working.
- Copy and pasting into the number input on the Dialer page.
- Errors are now also logged with remote logging so errors are now more easy to identify in the application flow.
- When in an active call you can now use your keyboard to navigate through IVRs (interactive voice response) in any page of the Webphone.
- Not able to search for contacts when you have no favorites.
- Webphone being in a broken state that indicated that there is a call while there is none.
- Being able to call ‘#’.
- Sound still playing while it should have been stopped, i.e. the ringtone.
- Toast messages in the bottom-right corner that indicate when an audio device has been disconnected or reconnected.
- Toast message in the bottom-right corner when the audio quality of a call is poor.
- The BLF (whether someone is busy or available) status of colleagues not updating.
- Handling of the connection when multiple windows or tabs of the Webphone are open.
- Some quick links to help you manage certain settings on your VoIP platform. I.e. a quick link to the dial plans next to the user destination setting.
- The logo of the Webphone at the login screen.
- When checking the ‘Webphone calls only’ checkbox on the Recents page it also shows the external calls.
- Another attempt to fix the ringtone being played while it should have been stopped.
- You can no longer make a call to ‘+’.
- Logging out resulted in a broken state of the Webphone.
- When accepting a call it now redirects you to the Ongoing calls page.
- Being able to stack calls to the same number by spamming the enter key in the dialer input.
- The /call/
- Not being able to paste a number into the Dialer input in Firefox.
- Flashing login page when loading the Webphone for the first time.
- Outgoing call interface not going away when an call error occurred.
- Cold/blind transfer not working when clicking a contact card without giving input.
- You can now just start typing a number in the Dialer without clicking the Dialer input first.
- Awesome new dark mode theme!
- The Recents page now also shows calls that were answered elsewhere.
- Added a toggle to the Recents page that shows calls that are made or received by the Webphone.
- The last connected audio device is memorized. When reconnecting, the device the Webphone tries to select it automatically.
- The Favorites and Colleagues grids are now neatly aligned.
- When you have no favorites, the Favorites and Colleagues toggles are hidden to avoid unnecessary clutter.
- API throttling (more measures to prevent spamming).
- The text for each call on the Recents page is now selectable.
- When searching for contacts, special characters are now properly handled. E.g. searching ‘joel’ will match with ‘joël’.
- Moved the ‘Only show online colleagues’ checkbox to the Settings. It also works for the Dialer and Transfer interface.
- The duration of each call on the Recents page.
- A call button for each queue on the Queues page.
- Added remote logging ID when sending feedback using the feedback form.
- A support page that is available in Dutch and English (depends on the selected language).
- Issue where some calls were only started after 5 seconds.
- The ‘you need to change your temporary password’ message at the login screen not showing up.
- Logging of sound files (such as the ringtone).
- Logging of sound quality of calls.
- The transfer interface has been adjusted to provide a more logical flow.
- Removed some edge cases where the contact status was showing the wrong status when using the webphone for an extended period of time.
- Sounds that were sometimes randomly playing such as the ringtone when there was no call, also known as the ghost calls issue.
- You can now always navigate to the Ongoing calls page.
- The calling flow has been improved to be less interruptive.
- The call transferring flow has been improved to make it more clear when you are creating or completing a transfer.
- Keyboard navigation when navigating through contact cards.
- Calling sessions in the ongoing calls page are now responsive to the browser window size.
- A few interface elements.
- A case where the ringtone played when you did not expect it.
- Recent calls list showing up empty.
- Possible issues with colleagues not reflecting their right status.
- Audio sounds volume levels.
- Picking a default language when using the Webphone for the fist time.
- Option to favorite a colleague.
- Option to hide/show colleagues/favourites on the Dialer page.
- Ability to change your DND status by clicking on your avatar in the top-left.
- Remote logging could not be enabled.
- Clicking notifications now brings the Webphone to the foreground again.
- Welcome to the new Webphone! It’s here, the new Webphone beta is live! In this update:
- The Webphone got a fresh new look.
- The Webphone is more reliable, even when the network connection isn’t optimal.
- It’s easier for us to make improvements.
- We hope that you enjoy the new version. If you encounter any issues or have suggestions on how we can improve the Webphone, please send a message through the ‘Send feedback’ page. Enjoy the new and improved webphone!
- The Webphone is getting an important update! In the middle of August the Webphone beta is getting a large update. This update will enhance and improve the look and performance of the webphone. In addition, the webphone will be more reliable, even when the network connection isn’t optimal. After the update you might need to log in again. We will do our best to keep your preferred settings, but we advise you to check and make sure that they are correct. We are curious to see what you think of the new beta!